Turning the Attention In 1.2
- When We turn our attention in we notice that even without trying to our mind can become very active.
- When we sit quietly the mind typically will become occupied with some combination of the following four activities.
- We can become aware of what is going on in the present moment. This is an awareness of our sense perceptions.
- We think about things that happened in the past or imagining the future.
- We think about our relationships too others.
- We think about our own identity and evidence that supports or contradicts our conceptions of ourself.